TD-LTE: New Option, New opportunity
- As a unified standard, TDD/FDD LTE in single chip is available and enjoy multi-vendors industry ecosystem, which will stimulate the convergence of TDD and FDD efficiently, and support LTE global roaming.
- TD-LTE is easier to find deployment spectrum, improving spectrum efficiency.
- TD-LTE fits asymmetry services well, improving resource utilization efficiency.
- DL/UL channel reciprocity enables advanced signal processing, improving system capacity and coverage.
- TD-LTE is a greener technology, emitting lower levels of radiation.
- TDD spectrum traditionally auctioned for lower $/MHz/population.
- LTE is a global technology and provides the industry and operators with new opportunities.
Global TDD Spectrum Resource
- Frequency below 1GHz is recommended for seamless TD-LTE coverage.
- 2.6GHz band is a very promising band that can provide global roaming capability for TD-LTE.
Hybrid : 2 x 70MHz FDD + 50MHz TDD
2500 – 2570 – 2620 – 2690 FDD
Duplex spacing 120MHz
USA : 2.6GHz TDD Band
Operators need to upgrade their legacy network
TD-LTE is the best choice
Asia – Pacific
TD-LTE Global Market Overview (Data resource: GTI)
TD‐LTE Global Trial / Commercial Networks (April 2012)
|8 commercial TD‐LTE network launched (May 2012)
||9 publicly announced TD‐LTE commercial contracts (May 2012)
37 TD-LTE trial networks★
TD-LTE Vendors Overview
- By April 2012, 53 TD-LTE terminals have been launched by 20 vendors.
- MediaTek released a TD-LTE smart phone, which supports LTE TDD/FDD + TDSCDMA/‐ WCDMA/GSM modes and working on 10 bands including 2.3/2.6GHz( TDLTE), LTE ‐FDD-700MHz, 2.0/1.9GHz (TDSCDMA), 2.1GHz (WCDMA), ‐850/900/1800/1900MHz (GSM). ZTE, CoolPad and Innofidei also developed GSM/TD‐LTE Multi‐Mode Dual‐Standby Handsets.
- TD-LTE embedded Tablet PC and Booklets have been developed by Nokia, Acer, Quanta and EraThink.
- TD-LTE MiFi has been produced by Quanta, Seiko and Marvell.
- There are more than 10 vendors, including ZTE, Huawei, Altair, Hisilicon, Innofidei, Qualcomm, Quanta, Samsung, Sequans and ST-Ericsson, have launched TD-LTE USB data cards.
- HiSilicon, Innofidei AsiaTelco invented TD-LTE CPE.
- 40 nm TD-LTE/TD-SCDMA chips have been released. It supports multiple bands, achieves downlink speeds of 100 Mbps and uplink speeds of 50 Mbps. It could supports 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz channels and 2×2 MIMO.
- 28nm~32nm TD-LTE chips will be produced by 2013.
- TD-LTE system equipment based on 3GPP’s R9 specification has been testing on the 2nd phase TD‐LTE large‐scale trial in China conducted by China Mobile since Feb. 2012. 6 infrastructure vendors: Alcatel‐ Lucent, Datang, Ericsson, Huawei, NSN, ZTE and 4 chip vendors: Innofidei, Leadercore, ZTE, Spreadtrum are participating the trial in 6 cities in China. The test items including TD‐LTE/3G Multi‐mode Terminal and IOT, Smart antenna: TM8 (Rel. 9), Mobility test among multi-vendors and Roaming test.
- China Mobile plans to set up a total of 20,000 TD-LTE base stations in six China big cities and in four more by the end of 2012. The TD-LTE trial network scale will expand to 200,000 base stations in 2013.
- In next two years, TD-LTE ecosystem will include more than 10 Infrastructure Vendors and 18 Chipset vendors, no less than 10 test equipment vendors and 50 UE vendors.
- Most test equipments developed by international vendors provide common platform for LTE TDD/FDD in the testing field of RF, Baseband, Simulator Signaling Monitor, Performance, Field test, Terminal Related test etc.
- A TDLTE‐ network has been developed by Beijing Municipal Government. It is part of Beijing Platform for Action for Smarter City. The TD-LTE network is using for municipal administration, supporting traffic and security monitoring.
- A TD-LTE Private Network for Public Traffic System has been working on trial in Hangzhou, Zhejing Province China. Passengers on the trial bus could access internet through their WIFI available smart phone.
TD Industry Alliance（TDIA) was found in 2002. It is a social organization formed voluntarily by enterprises who actively commit themselves to the development of TDD mobile communication technology and engage in the R&D, production and service of TDD standard and products. The primary objective of TDIA is to develop and promote the TDD technology. By integrating and coordinating industry resource, TDIA hopes to stimulate the development progress of TD-SCDMA, TD-LTE and its evolution technology to enable its global deployment and operation. By May 2012, TDIA has 90 members, including mobile operators, equipment manufactures, software vendors and distributors. The research fields of TDIA members cover end to end industrial chain, including RAN,CN,RF devices, antenna, UEs, chipsets, testing instruments, software, service and applications. To stimulate the development of TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE, TDIA sets up specialist working group to address emerging and vital technical aspects in the course of TDD industrialization development. Presently, TDIA Technical Working Groups include LTE WG, standardization WG, mobile system WG (radio resources management team and frequency resource management team), chipset and end-user device WG, UE COT WG, service and applications promotion WG, testing instrument WG.
Office：11th Floor, Qiming Plaza, Wangjing North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100102, P.R.C
Tel: +86 10 84170081/82/83/85
Fax : +86 10 84170087
For marketing information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For technology cooperation: email@example.com
For membership: firstname.lastname@example.org
TDIA Council Members:
For more detailed information of TDIA non-council members. Please visit TDIA official website: http://www.tdia.cn/test/en/member.asp